Table of Contents:
- Gas Fees: What Are They and Why Do They Matter?
- Introducing Arbitrum & Connecting Your MetaMask
- Bridging Your Assets from Ethereum to Arbitrum
As the world becomes more decentralized, it’s essential to know how to navigate different blockchain networks. One of the most popular networks is Ethereum, and with that comes the need to understand gas fees, L2 solutions, and bridging assets. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to bridge your assets to Arbitrum using MetaMask.
What Are They and Why Do They Matter? Gas fees are an essential part of the blockchain network. They represent the cost of a transaction and are used to pay miners for enabling transactions. Without gas fees, transactions on Ethereum cannot flow. Gas fees can also be a significant barrier to adoption because they can be high, but L2 networks like Arbitrum provide solutions.
Introducing Arbitrum & Connecting Your MetaMask
Arbitrum is an L2 solution for Ethereum. The network is secure and has lower gas fees because it uses optimistic rollups. To connect your MetaMask to the Arbitrum network, open your MetaMask, select “Ethereum Mainnet,” then choose “Custom RPC.” Input the network credentials and click “Add Network.”
Bridging Your Assets from Ethereum to Arbitrum
- Open your MetaMask and click “Ethereum Mainnet” at the top.
- Select “Custom RPC.”
- Input the network credentials shown below and click, “Add Network.”
- Go to bridge.arbitrum.io Since your MetaMask is already connected, the screen will appear with the option to make a deposit.
- Enter the amount of ETH you wish to use on Arbitrum and click “Deposit.”
- Confirm the transaction in your wallet. Please note that this transaction is on Layer 1 and standard gas fees will apply. However, once on Arbitrum, you can enjoy lower gas fees.
- Once the amount is correct, click “Confirm.”
- You will see the transaction appear and process at the bottom of your screen. This can take a few minutes.
- As soon as you have some ETH on Arbitrum, you can start to use it!
To bridge your assets to Arbitrum, go to . Since your MetaMask is already connected, you can make a deposit by entering the amount of ETH you wish to use on Arbitrum and clicking “Deposit.” You’ll need to confirm the transaction in your wallet, and once confirmed, the transaction will appear and process at the bottom of your screen. Once you have some ETH on Arbitrum, you can start using it!
In conclusion, bridging your assets to Arbitrum using MetaMask is a simple process that provides lower gas fees and a secure L2 solution for Ethereum. With these steps, you’ll be able to bridge your assets and enjoy the benefits of using the Arbitrum network.